Brain Boost Retreat June 2020 - Deposit
June 2020 – BRAIN BOOST
June 2020 – Brain Boost - Wellbeing Retreat
Friday 12thJune to Sunday 14th June (add on option to arrive Thursday and depart Monday)
🌞 Brain Boost - 3 Day Luxury Wellness Retreat🌞
Need to clear your head? Spark up the synapses? Want to step out of brain drain and deeply nourish body and soul?
It was once believed that brain cells only decline with age. It’s now known that you can create new ones, at all ages, and elderly people may even generate a similar number of new brain cells as those in their youth. (ref - Cell Stem Cell April 5, 2018, Volume 22, Issue 4, P589-599.E5)
Discover how to use multiple tools to enhance brain health and bring more clarity and ease to daily life. Learn the markers from the sages of modern neuroscience around brain health alongside ancient teachings and herbal tonics to support this. Over the retreat we will explore and practice 15 ways to rejuvenate the body and mind.
You will experience a weekend of nourishing “brain food” - and learn how to integrate these into your diet. Also enjoy twice daily traditional Chinese tonic herbs
1. LIONS MANE, has been used for thousands of years by traditional herbalists to support the brain and nervous system, improve cognitive function and boost digestive health.
2. ASHWAGANDHA, treasured for its ability to revitalise and rejuvenate for more than six thousand years. It helps down-regulate the body's stress response, promote restorative sleep, calm the mind and support healthy ageing.
3. REISHI, regarded by ancient herbalists as the ‘mushroom of immortality’, modern herbalists love reishi for its powerful adaptogenic qualities. Reishi is used to support the immune system, relieve stress, strengthen the spirit, calm the mind and promote peaceful sleep.
On your retreat you will enjoy nourishing daily yoga, qi gong, explore and practice multiple meditation techniques and a experience a deep rejuvenating practice called yoga nidra. Learn how to work skilfully with difficult emotions and thoughts as well as powerful methods to help you respond rather than react and make wiser life choices - hence reducing the effects of stress. There will be wellness and food talks, vibrant company to enjoy along with periods of silence to encourage reflection and mindfulness and free time to relax and make the most of our beautiful venue and surrounds.
One of the most powerful contributors to brain health is deep restful sleep along with the ability to adopt and harness restorative practices for energy management and stress reduction. Over this weekend we will support you to do an assessment of your sleep and energy management and look at individual holistic ways to support deep restful restoration just for you.
You’ll walk away with a new sense of inner peace and greater sense of meaning, purpose and wellbeing. You’ll take powerful tools and insights back into daily life so that you can live your life with a sense of ease, passion and peace.
ABOUT OUR RETREATS
A nourishing blend of relaxation, movement, meditation, delicious organic seasonal food, learning & most of all time to put yourself first. Hosted at the luxurious Cape South Country Retreat and Wellness Centre facilitated by Kate McLeay (Mumma Soulfood) and a team of her favourite local legends.
An opportunity to step out of life’s routines and dedicate real time to putting yourself first. Over the retreat we will share wisdom on holistic wellness and how to positively enhance this for more clarity, ease and enjoyment of life. With decades of experience in education, hospitality and adventures we’ve seen the profound changes these experiences can bring and what happens when people take time for themselves.
A menu of activities over the weekend is available to choose from, along with plenty of time to rest, connect and rejuvenate. Attend all on the schedule or select what makes your heart sing.
When did you last put yourself first?
Maximum 8 Rooms - be in quick!
What's Included (Per Person)?:
- 3 day retreat with 2 nights luxury accommodation
- All meals, snacks, coffee & herbal teas, smoothies, purified water, kombucha shots
- Nourishing movement classes including various Yoga styles & Five Treasures Qi Gong
- Mindfulness & Meditation with instruction and support to establish a daily routine
- Two educational wellness workshop sessions
- Two food talks
- Full access to all Cape South facilities -gym, magnesium pool, Infra red sauna, hot tub, grounds capesouth.co.nz
- All yoga equipment
- Mindfulness Journal and mindfulness tools handbook
- Goodie Bag
- Access to spa treatments at a preferred rate
- Options to extend your retreat at a special rate to a 4 or 5 day retreat including daily spa treatments.
- Take home Qi Gong practice with video class support
- Daily yoga practice to take away and use
The Cost of the 3 day retreat starts from $200 per day (non residential), $270 per day Twin Share and $370 per day for your own giant fabulous room. All rooms are ensuite. Spaces are extremely limited with just 8 bedrooms available.
3 Day Retreats
3 day Retreat (non residential) $600
3 day, 2 night retreat Retreat (pp twin share) $810
3 Day, 2 night Retreat (own room) $1110
We highly recommend you add on an Extra Night Thursday and/or Sunday night to your retreat. This is a special discount rate of an additional $230 for one additional night and $430 for 2 additional nights and includes a complimentary 1 hour massage (or similar treatment from the Spa Menu) for each additional night of your stay, full board service, a yoga/meditation class or a beach trip if you wish and full facilitator support.
4 Day Retreats
4 Day, 3 night Retreat (twin share) $1040
4 Day, 3 night Retreat (own room) $1340
5 Day Retreats
5 day, 4 night Retreat (twin share) $1240
5 day, 4 night Retreat (own room) $1540
Optional extras- a menu of massage, and treatments are available to pre book with superb therapists and practitioners. Airport transfers are just $60 each way or let us arrange car hire for you. If you are adding on extra nights then additional activities of guided hikes, trout fishing, beach trips, surfing or surf lessons, horse riding, mountain biking, biking the trails and wine tours can all be arranged as add on to your stay.
10% of profits help fund the teaching of Mumma Soulfood Prison Mindfulness Programmes at Mangaroa Prison and Community Support Mindfulness with Kate McLeay.